Sunday, 17 January 2010

The art of War by Sun Tzu tweeting review

After tweeting this book I can't help that i might have made a bit of a mockery of the book. Trying to summarise any book in twitter form often means that you do loose a lot of info and sometimes some whole plots. This is certainly the case with The Art of War. The actual book of the Art of War is so short because there is already condensed and so there is no waffle. Also, trying to tweet such a book seems in its very nature an insult to Sun Tzu and the terrible part is that i know that the tweets are terrible, here is an example:

C11. #TAOW The 9 Situations: in 9 situations react in 9 different ways. Put your army hopeless situations and they will fight to the death

"in 9 situations react in 9 different ways" that's like saying there is 9 ingredients in a cake. Mix those ingredients to make cake. For those who don't know how to make a cake this comment is totally pointless. It is for this reason I do hope you actually go out of your way to find this book and read it and it's not like you have an excuse not to. Due to the magic of such pages like Google books you can read this book at your own pace.

Also there twitter account I stumbled across who is far more competent in giving a better image of Sun Tzu's work called suntzuquotes.

Anyway I'm going to try a new book now and I think this may end up reading far more better than The Art of War.

No comments:

Post a Comment