This is one of those books that have been haunting me for a while begging me to read, simply because I’m finding so many references to this book from different sources.
The Art of War first popped up to me when I was reading a graphic novel called Lone Wolf and Club. In a nut shell in these books they kill a lot of people with swords and sometimes quote from the Art of War.
Then every now and then I hear people taking about it including my boss at work and when I talk to other people about the book with most people say “oooh that book I’ve been meaning to read it.”
The book is actually surprisingly small and short. Most of the larger versions are translations with the original text and a massive expiation, there is even a version that takes the Art of War and applies it to office politics. Personally I think that’s taking it too far.
Anyway enjoy the tweets for this. I recommend this being a book you borrow from a library for a day unless you’re a massive Edo Japan fan in which case buy the book if you haven’t done so already. (same also applies if you’re a marshal arts fan)
Anyway Enjoy the Tweets
Wednesday, 30 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment